12/23/12

My Job

So I will tell you, as some have asked!
On Wednesdays, I have been working at


located in downtown Troy, Ohio.


They provide eco-friendly family items for the whole family. Allison started this store in the fall of 2009 because her oldest was allergic to disposable diapers. Once cloth worked so well for her family she wanted to be able to offer it to other families.
Mainly focusing on cloth diapers, and things that go along with them such as detergent, travel changing pads, pail liners, cloth wipes, wet bags, snappies, trainers, etc,


{photo credit Apple Cheeks}


we also sell Barefoot Books,
(made of recycled paper)


Aden and Anais blankets,


(made of silicone so it is safe for baby to chew on while mommy wears stylish jewelry.)


(non toxic)


Lunch supplies, 
(such as reusable snack bags, glass and stainless steal lunch containers,
lunch bags, glass water bottles.)



Hazelwood and Baltic Amber necklaces,
(Hazelwood helps with the acidic levels in you body, therefore helping against acid reflex, eczema  etc. Amber is high in succinic acid which is absorbed into the bloodstream and helps with pain and inflammation.  Wonderful for teething, carpel tunnel, and other issues.)


Green ToysPlan and Haba toys
(along with some other homemade and miscellaneous toys.)

{photo credit Plan Toys}
{photo credit Plan Toys}
{photo credit}
Carriers, 


Personal care,

{photo credit Earth Mama Angel Baby}

Locally Grown clothing, knot caps, natural food coloring,
handmade headbands, baby leg warmers, nursing covers, dryer balls, hats, tag blankies, and onsies.
{all photo credits to Allison Fullencamp unless other wise marked.}
I went in one day knowing nothing about this store. I immediately fell in love with it, so I emailed Allison within a couple days asking if she could use some help. I hadn't been looking for a job, but thought this would be a good opportunity to be able to get cloth diapers in exchange for helping out. The cost was just a mental thing, though, because you will save an average of $1,500+ for your first child with cloth and even more with your others because you have most of your things. I couldn't, like most people, get over that initial cost. I was buying $24 worth of diapers every 2 weeks (more when she was little). Buying cloth can be anywhere from $118 (with the old- style prefolds and covers, which is the cheapest option and I quite like them anyways.) to $500+ depending on how many (basically how often you want to do laundry) and what type of diapers you choose to use. 
That would have only taken me 5-20 weeks to pay off. Just think of this: on average, you will have 130 weeks per child in diapers. That is a lot of money to spend on mounds of bleached and chemicalized diapers to sit for a very long time in landfills.
Now, off my soap box, this is for another post that is soon to come. 
(I haven't updated on diapers because I was confused for a bit but I've done some experimenting and research and can't wait to share what I've learned with you.)

I very much enjoy Wednesdays and I think my Mom does too since she gets to watch Adeline.
I will be honest though, I rarely come home with much cash, but I do come home with lots and lots of goodies like diapers, a carrier, blanket, toys... you know, all of it!

What product looks most exciting to you?

  xoxo~
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    YOU ARE INVITED TO VISIT:

    MANUFACTURER’S HANDBOOK

    Stuff (GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL STUFF!)

    http://stuffyouadore.blogspot.com/

    JESUS WAS BORN -- THE SON OF MAN - THE SON OF GOD

    http://stuffyouadore.blogspot.com/2012/12/jesus-was-born-son-of-man-son-of-god.html

    CHRISTMAS -- IMMANUEL-- GOD WITH US -- HOLY HOLIDAY -- CHRIST'S BIRTH

    http://stuffyouadore.blogspot.com/2011/12/merry-christmas_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren-
    Allison and I were in the same natural birthing class....which seems eons ago. :-) Her store is so cute and she has very unique and natural items. Catch you in JoAnns sometime!
    See ya neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh gotta get some of that Piggy paint.. girls love stuff like that and I hate to see all the junk going on their nails. Need to find time to stop in that store =) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day better... leave a comment!