7/10/10

Blooming Garden {and such}

I thought I'd share this photo first that way you aren't as utterly depressed as I have been the last couple days by seeing the next photo ...
just for your sanity.


Where have I been the last couple days? Right here at my desk BALANCING! After 3 hours Thursday evening I decided to take a break and work on it Friday. It only took 2 more hours on Friday and good news... Our checkbook is BALANCED! :)
We literally had to quit using it for a few days til everything posted so it'd be easier to balance, because it was SO MESSED UP...
But it's balanced...
Our checkbook is balanced to perfection {music to my ears}


Moving on outside... I haven't shown off our garden since it was planted. Here's what's happening now...



It's FLOURISHING!



Mmmm... 1st planing of sweet corn is tasseling and nearly ready!


Onions and green beans nearly every night for supper {and canning some beans as we speak}.



Ever had fried Zucchini? I have... a few times a week! :) It's so good!

Thanks for letting me be a show off! I've never had a garden before and it's quite exciting to me! and I am a huge fan of how much grocery shopping time it saves, not to mention the cash...

5 comments:

  1. Your garden truly is beautiful... everything is so good! I'm impressed. Your number 1 fan.(llh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful garden!
    Thanks for your nice comment!
    Wish you a lovely day,
    Federica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sis. I like the artsy-fartsy checkbook photo.
    I hope I don't get flagged for spam here :), but... I used to fight with my checkbook like that too. Then I bought Quicken. Now I can do it in 10 minutes. Click, click done.

    Word to the wise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is just glorious!

    Oh, and checkbooks are evil. Definitely. ;-)

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like one nice garden!
    Have you ever made chocolate zucchini bread? It is so yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day better... leave a comment!