6/17/10

Garden Antique Show

Last Friday evening my mom, aunt, friend, and I went to a lovely garden antique show just east of Troy, OH while our hubbies were at the Red's game. It was so amazing I couldn't believe I had never heard of it before. My Aunt and her friend used to set up booth there, yet still, I had never heard of it.


Vintage truck


The Hostess' home

A few of her beautiful flowers





I thought this stand was darling... I quite liked it. And their lemonade was ABSOLUTELY amazing! MMM... (BTW Lemonade Stand ladies, sorry it took so long to get the photo up of all you beauties... and for not knowing names...! Thanks again for the photo and wonderful posing, and of course, for refreshing me with yummy lemonade!)


The vendors were set up all throughout the yard, in sheds, on porches, and in the midst of gardens. It was like a good dream I didn't want to wake up from.


Fish pond.





And now to treat you with photos of my "gettings" I haven't told you about my hat-trying-on experience. Apperantly I should have been in the Victorian age, or so I was told a few dozen times. I have a LOVE for vintage hats, gloves, the whole bit. I think it originated with dressing up in them at my Aunt's house and haveing tea parties with her... I'll have to get some photos of me dressed up at her house from years back, they're treasures, let me tell you. Anyways, I found vintage hats for $5 each. As I was trying them on I gathered quite a group of ladies perswading me that I am "Victorian" with my porcellin complection and dress and pale lips and the whole she-bang. Anyways, the vendor told me they were so perfect for me she gave me an even better deal. Now I wish I would have gotten more... But here are the four I got.











I found these for a friend who had a darling little girl just a few weeks back.


And soaps from Ivy League (Greenville,OH)


I say I found some good deals... What a fun evening. I can't wait for next year, I already have a group to go with me.

1 comment:

  1. I went to that show one time. Post about when it is next year, I never know and miss it!! I want to go again:)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day better... leave a comment!