5/13/10

Backpacking

This past weekend I took my honey to Daniel Boone Forest to go backpacking. It was gorgous. It's amazing to go in the spring and see all the new life in the woods. I've always went in January, so we would see snow!

The variety was amazing. The small delacate plants, compared to the magnificant, unwaivering Natural Bridge.

It remided me of the family of God, we're all so different from one another, yet all show off the glory of God.

Things were just beginging the new life for the season, all new and little and delicate. Relying so much on the Father to give sun and water.

There were also some mighty beast!:)

And the boy-beast!

We didnt' rough it too much! We packing in eggs, pototoes and sausages for suppers and breakfasts.

The big bad beast love each other!

Yes, we even pack in the tripod... and broke it!

By Sunday afternoon I was getting tired. :) I need to get in shape!




My hubby is a wonderful photographer. :) I love the above photo!

It was all so gorgeous, I love the reminders of the Father! Reminding me that He alone is God. The reminder that He is the sustainer of ALL life, the reminder that he takes care of the sparrow and flowers, he most definately provides for us. The reminder of what a simple life is, what spending all day with the Father is, how it feels when we rush to nowwhere, but instead simply walk with Him through the woods.
And of course the reminder of the curse. The reminder that we do get bites that swell our faces. The reminder that one day... one day we will have perfect bodies, dwelling with him, needing nothing more than to glorify our Creator.
The reminder that he blessed J.R. Watkins with an intellegent mind that helps us with those bites... there's nothing like rubbing thick, stinky, shiny drawing salve all over your face to remind you of the curse! Thank you, Father for the valuable lessons!


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post!
    Your words perfectly complement those gorgeous photos! God's creation at its finest.

    Thank you so much for entering my book giveaway, good luck!

    All the best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again!

    Just wanted to head back and say thank you so much for your visit, I really do appreciate your comments on my cubby post.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time!!! I'm so happy I came across your blog, it's lovely! I can't wait to follow you through life's adventures...
    Smiles Friend,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures your hubby took! Looks like you guys had fun :) ...except for the bites! I'm sure I'll have more fun next time I try camping :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day better... leave a comment!